My last trip to Europe was a good reminder to sit down and do something I’d been meaning to do for awhile – make a packing list. The ultimate packing list. So big that even if you don’t need everything on it, you know you won’t forget a thing.
It’s no surprise that I need a packing list. I’m constantly making to-do lists, grocery lists, meal planning lists – there’s something about crossing things off and knowing that I didn’t forget something that is comforting.
Additionally, I tend to pack in stages. There are some items that I have travel-size samples of and I can throw in my toiletry bag a few days ahead of time.
There are some items, like my mascara, for example, that I am using right up until the day that I leave so I can’t pack them in advance.
By using this packing list I’m able to ensure that I don’t forget to pack a thing!
I’ve covered six main categories with this packing list, including a blank page that you can customize or use to make a list:
- Bathroom Essentials – Don’t forget all of the items you need to get ready, take care of your hygiene and start your day.
- Makeup – All of the items you may need to get makeup ready for the day.
- Clothes & Shoes – The essentials!
- Carry-On – The items you may want to consider when packing your carry-on bag.
- Essentials – The must have’s like your passport, ID, money; things you simply cannot travel without.
- Other Items – I’ve provided a page for you to add anything you need. For example, I don’t have children so I have no idea what all needs to be packed when traveling with kiddos. Not to mention that I’m going to assume what is needed for a baby is different from a toddler, and different from that of an 8-year old.
I hope this packing list helps you as much as it’s helped me prepare in the last year for my trips. And if there is a specific type of packing list you’d like to see be sure to let me know!