Welcome to my small but mighty corner of the internet – I’m so glad you’re here at Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary World!
I love serving the world by offering solutions to make life easier, organized, creative and fun for the busy woman in her 30s. I find that life isn’t usually Pinterest worthy all the time, but that doesn’t mean you can’t feel put together, healthy, inspired and organized.
I am lucky to be able to give women the tools to keep in control of their lives. Self care, healthy eating, traveling, and goal setting are all examples of important things that can fall to the wayside for the busy 30-something, and I believe that it’s important every woman make time for herself.
Most days you can find me running around with a to-do list a mile long (I’m a big list maker), chasing after my next big idea (I’m a dreamer with grand ideas), and planning my next vacation (travel is my passion).
I’m mostly known for my organization, loyalty, and a great home cooked meal, and people often refer to me as a bit of a sarcastic smart ass (though I’d like to think I’m a kind smart ass!).
The things I’m personally most passionate about in life are traveling, reading, listening to podcasts, and planning everything from travel, to meals, to interior design.
When I’m not busy working on Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary World or at my full-time job as a Product Manager, I’m eating and drinking my way through Des Moines with my fiancé, Dylan, and snuggling with our 10 year old black lab, Wrigley.
- I’m going on an expedition to Antarctica in March 2020!
- I’m adopted (and as a result I am an only child)
- Once, I pedaled from Miami to Key West with a friend of mine in two days to raise money for HIV/AIDS awareness
- I’m terrified of roller coasters, bungee jumping and sky diving, but I wouldn’t say I’m afraid of heights
- I’m an introverted extrovert; I am comfortable around people but love being alone (I blame being an only child)
Feel free to drop me an email anytime. Whether you have a question, complaint (remember to be kind!), request or just want to say hello. I’d love to hear from you! You can reach me at email@example.com anytime and I will get back with you shortly.